Imagine yourself on a cold winter morning. Your hands are warming up because your favourite mug is steaming with some of the best coffee you’ve ever tasted. A subtle smile crosses your face as you look up to admire the super-cool, hand-letterpressed poster positioned perfectly on your wall…
Well that could be you! Play along with our Daily Photo Challenge for your chance to win a freshly roasted bag of North Mountain Coffee + a beautiful letterpress poster designed by Laura MacDonald. Read on for the details.
The Valley has finally embraced Instagram! Well, maybe not the whole Valley, but there has definitely been a notable increase in local people using the app, which to date boasts over 100 million users worldwide. The Grapevine, along with North Mountain Coffee and the talented Laura MacDonald, are excited to present a Photo-a-Day Contest. The challenge is a simple and fun way to participate and see our fellow community members through their eyes. It’s kind of like a creative scavenger hunt. Not an Instagram user? That’s okay. Photos can be taken with your nifty camera or your phone. We look forward to seeing your photos each day!
HOW TO PLAY (and hopefully WIN)
• Each issue of The Grapevine will have a list of 14 words which will be the theme or prompt – 1 word per day that spans the two weeks that issue covers.
• Submit as many photos as you like, inspired by the prompt word of that day.
• Add your photo to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, or Pinterest.
• Important: you will need to use the hashtag #valleygvchallenge so that everyone following the challenge can find your photos.
• On Facebook you can also share to our page if you like: facebook.com/valleygrapevine. It would be cool if you also followed us on Instagram: instagram.com/the_valley_grapevine
• Join in at any time – every day or whenever you feel like it. The more you play, the better your chances of winning are.
• Each day we will pick the daily winner who will be entered to win the prize at the end of the Challenge. That’s it!