By Darrin Harvey
Sue is a superb cook. She put herself through Acadia as a caterer. This is one thing I can ‘cook’ (for lack of a better term) that we both really like. We mix it all up before work and come home to supper ready and the house smelling amazing. It’s a fantastic, we’re-both-too-busy-to-cook fall meal. It makes leftovers for days.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 16oz jar of salsa
- 3 – 15oz cans of black beans
- I cup instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 1-1&1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients (except the rice) in a slow cooker
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender
- Add the uncooked instant rice at the end, giving it just enough time to cook (10-15 mins).
- The original recipe called for 1 onion – I hate onions – and no rice. We made that part up.