Valley Family Fun: Valentine’s Family Fun
By Laura Churchill Duke
Valentine’s Day is another great excuse to have a celebration with your kids!
Try one of these many activities (for more great ideas visit my Pinterest page at pinterest.com/lachurchmouse/valentines-day):
- Bake heart-shaped cookies. Decorate them with pink icing and deliver them to your friends and neighbours.
- Read a book. The library is full of great books with a Valentine’s Day theme. Or, sign one out that teaches you about the history behind the celebration.
- Make your own valentines. Instead of buying them, get some red and pink construction paper and make cards for your class. Check my Pinterest board for lots of great ideas.
- Host a party. Encourage your guests to wear red and white, and play some Valentine’s games like musical hearts or a bean bag toss. Just about any game can be adapted to have a Valentine’s theme.
- Learn some jokes. For example, what did the boy octopus say to the girl octopus? I want to hold your hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand!
For more great ideas for family fun visit valleyfamilyfun.ca!
Laura Churchill Duke